Sunday, December 14, 2008

Long time no see...

I know it's been a while, but I guess there's been a lot going on...and then again, not a lot that has inspired me to sit down and write a blog entry.  So, this entry will be a catch up on what's going on and what I'm thinking.  I have some other posts that I want to get to, so hopefully I will have some time this week.

- More important than anything else going on right now, Avery took her first two steps today.  She continues to amaze me every day.

- A very happy 35th to my cousin Noel.  Rumor has it that all he really wanted for his birthday was to be left alone.  Maybe next year.

- I hope I am wrong about AJ Burnett.  I was very much against the Yankees signing him to a contract.  He has had two good years in his career, both of which were contract years.  His agent says that he has figured it out.  I sure hope so.  If he is another Carl Pavano, I won't be surprised, but will be disappointed.

- I hope CC Sabathia can mix in a salad once in a while over the next seven years.

- Speaking of the Yankees, kudos to the ticket department for taking care of my unhappiness with my initial seat assignment.  While it wasn't easy, persistence paid off and I can't wait for Opening Day.

- Is that Facebook thing cool or what?

- I am really enjoying the NBA so far this year but that may have something to do with the fact that I have LeBron on my fantasy team.  I just hope the Cavs stop blowing people out so LeBron can stop sitting out the 4th quarter.

- For anyone considering a new cell phone, DEFINITELY get the iPhone.

- Wouldn't it be great to see a roundtable discussion between Michael Vick, Plaxico Burress, and OJ Simpson?  Pete Rose could be the moderator, or he could be on the panel and Bob Costas could moderate.  Costas would ask the tough questions that would make it really interesting.

- Finally, for all that knew Patrice Decker, she will be really missed.  For those that didn't get a chance to know her, you missed out.  Patrice's energy was always positive, always contagious, and she always hugged you like she really meant it.  We know she is in a better place...and her light is shining on those that she loved already.

"It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive..."

JN

No comments: